Friday 11 March 2011

Trinity Stripped Bare

Well the initial plan was to just strip Trinity down, clean her up and put her back together again.............

Ye Right! As if that was ever going to happen.

So within days of her arriving home I set to work stripping her down to the bare bones.


Trying to charge the battery proved a waste of time as  it was leaking. Great start.



Taking off the easy bits revealed the amount of work needed to get Trinity looking like new again......... A LOT!!!




Everything had to come off & I mean everything.



Job's a Good'en!




Job Done! Spot my Mum keeping an eye on things
"Love & Miss you Mum x x x"


Well that was easier than I thought, jut hope it goes back together as easy.

2 comments:

  1. Hi there. Im rebuilding my zxr 750L as well. Can you recommend some stuffs for me to buy spare parts and sites to guide me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there,

      If you look at the bottom of this post in my Blog http://trinityzxr750l1.blogspot.co.uk/2012/02/trinity-is-done-revisited.html you will see the entire project and it will give you ideas as to where I bought all my kit.

      Are you after anything in particular as I still have a small box of parts lying about in the garage.

      If you want to send over a list fell free.

      I joined the zx-7R forum which has a wealth of knowledge amongst its members. i bought a total of 5 bikes plus one engine to get what I was after in the end. Selling everything on once I'd got what I was after i.e. bought a bike just for all the fairings, wheels, tank put spare parts on and sold bike for same price. So it shows it can be done.

      If I can be of any further help feel free to drop me a line.

      Cheers

      Ray

      Delete